Should I File for Bankruptcy?
Are you feeling stressed and overwhelmed with your finances? Is possible you might need to file for bankruptcy in Seattle? We are your Western Washington Bankruptcy Specialist. Bankruptcy is an important decision. Divorce, unemployment, unexpected medical costs, disability, large amounts of credit card debt and business failure are all common reasons leading people to seek debt relief. The purpose of the bankruptcy laws is to provide relief for people who need a fresh start in their finances.
To weigh the options whether you should file or not, please ask yourself these questions:
- Is your debt over $5,000 (not including a car loan or house mortgage)?
- Are you frequently late on bill payments?
- Do your monthly payments account for more than 25% of your take-home pay?
- Do you purchase necessities (food, clothing, etc.) on a credit card?
- Have you considered taking on a new loan to pay off other loans?
- Are creditors harassing you with phone calls?
- Do you make regular monthly payments, without a decrease in your balance?
- Are you more than one month behind on more than one bill?
- Are your wages being garnished?
- Are you being sued?
- Have you been denied approval for a recent credit application?
- Do you frequently need to obtain cash advances?
- Are you without money in a savings account?
- Do you owe more on your loan than your vehicle is worth?
- Are you frequently late paying your mortgage or rent each month?
- Do you have high medical bills which are not covered by insurance?
- Do you owe income taxes which you cannot pay?
Note: If your answer is “yes” to three or more of these questions, you may need to file bankruptcy and should consider speaking with a bankruptcy lawyer to discuss your options.
Congress created bankruptcy laws to help people correct their problems honestly. When someone has serious financial issues, they owe it to themselves and their families to consider the options of bankruptcy.
At Advantage Legal Group, in Kirkland, Washington, we can help! We will provide you with a knowledgeable assessment of your personal situation and assist you in determining if filing for bankruptcy is the right option for you.
Do not hesitate any longer; take advantage of a free office consultation with an honest, caring, experienced bankruptcy lawyer. Please contact our law office today to set up an appointment!